Dec 09 2013
Development and Partnership Officer
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Plans, directs, and coordinates all of Support My Club’s development and partnerships by performing the following duties. Development and Partnership Officer will also work with the president to develop and implement comprehensive strategic funding plan for sustained growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fund Raising, (30% of duties performed)
- Establish short- and long-range goals for unrestricted funding sources.
- Strategize and orchestrates methods of approach to institutional donors.
- Research public and private grant sources to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding for submission.
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders.
- Work with program staff to develop funding related projects.
- Manage solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Develop necessary tools and resources to maximize Board fundraising.
Gift & Donor Support, (30% of duties performed)
- Cultivate donors by producing specialized correspondences, letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
- Produce major donor, board & special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts.
- Plan and implement creative marketing solutions that will drive individual donors to purchase item requests on the SMC website.
- Develop and manage individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, annual giving, and Arizona Gives Day).
Corporations, Local Businesses, Sport Teams, Museums, etc. (30% of duties performed)
- Design, implement, sustain, and evaluate a partnership strategy consistent with SMC’s mission and brand.
- Create presentations designed to each speak to a particular group within our various potential markets.
- Form and maintain email, phone and in-person relationships with leaders and staff at current and potential partnerships.
Public Relations, (10% of duties performed)
- Promote formation of partnerships through all public relation channels, including: press releases, public appearances, social media, print and TV media. Interface with and be present in the greater Phoenix community.
- Competitive salary + Health insurance stipend
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1 week pre determined Christmas – New Years), 10 paid holidays, 10 paid sick/personal days
- The opportunity to work with a young non-profit on a fast growth tract towards a national presence.
- The opportunity to implement original ideas in a nimble and supportive atmosphere.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Hire Me!
Please address your cover letter directly to Amy Armstrong, our Founder and President and concisely tell us the following:
- Why are you interested in the education space?
- What item would you support on our website and why?
- Most likely another candidate has more education or more experience, what makes you stand out.
- What club(s) or team(s) were you on in high school?
- Success includes failing and then failing better. Tell us about 1 time you failed and what it taught you.
- Give us 3 creative phrases (5 words or less) that describe who you are or who you have worked to become.